Event Info & Map
Love it, hug it, and LUG it! Your punkins will love this 2K obstacle course/pumpkin carry. Better yet, get your four-person relay team together for a morning of fun luggin'.
Mt. Holiday's Great Pumpkin Dash is where pumpkins and their people have one goal: crossing the finish line ... unsquashed.
The Dash rolls through Mt. Holiday's woodsy terrain, taking costumed luggers of all ages through fun obstacles including the Hay Bale Hop, Pumpkin Chute, Batty Beams and Tires of Terror.
There is a catch though: Everybody big and small has to carry a pumpkin! Before the dash begins, pick your special pumpkin from our patch. We will weigh it and mark it. If you're really brave, pick two! Your arms will love you for it.
The goal? Finish the lug, squash intact!
Great Pumpkin Dash
Course follows Mt. Holiday's property with plenty of hills to negotiate. Fun obstacles are spread out on the course.
Team Luggers can work together to get their squash around the course. A team is only finished when the pumpkin and last member crosses the finish line.
The race will start and finish at Mt. Holiday Ski Area, 3100 Holiday Road, Traverse City, Michigan 49686.
11am Sunday, October 14, 2018
All proceeds from this event will go to Mt. Holiday, a four-season, non-profit recreational area.
- Four-person team: $80 (includes four t-shirts, a team pumpkin or two to carry and keep, and post-lug refreshments)
- Single racer, age 10-99: $25 (includes a t-shirt, a pumpkin or two to carry and keep, and post-lug refreshments)
- Kids 9 and under: $10 until Oct. 1, then $5 (includes pumpkin to keep and t-shirt)
- Prices go up $5/participant after Oct. 1
What you get
All registered participants will receive a professionally designed race t-shirt, participation medal and a pumpkin or two of their choice, post race refreshments and entertainment. (T-shirts cannot be guaranteed for registrations after Oct. 9.)
Where do I park?
Mt. Holiday Ski Area.
Will there be awards/prizes?
Yes! Fun award categories include:
- The Double-Lug (successfully carried two pumpkins across the finish line)
- Best Single Costume
- Best Team Costume
- Wholey Lug! (heaviest pumpkin carried whole/intact across the finish line)
- Lug Bug (youngest finisher)
- Grand Lug (oldest finisher)
- Jack-o'-Lantern (fastest male)
- Jill-o'-Lantern (fastest female)
- Great Pumpkin Gang (fastest team)
When and where can I pick my pumpkin?
Pumpkin pickin' will take place on race day, behind Mt. Holiday's lodge.
When is late registration?
Late registration will take place at Mt. Holiday's event tent on Sunday/lug day from 10am-10:55am.
Sorry, lug fees are non refundable.